Monday 15 July 2013

LibriVox




I have mentioned already about LibriVox. This project started in 2005 and has a tremendous goal: to offer all public domain books as audiobooks, for free, on the internet. I do not have accurate numbers but a quick search on the web leads to over 1 million books available in the public domain. I believe they currently have over 7,000 audiobooks available, so it gives us at least two great opportunities: downloads and uploads. The obvious one is to download audiobooks for free and enjoy classic literature. The second one is to donate your time and record new audiobooks to increase their catalog. I have declined the latter as I don't believe I have the right voice, but they have many volunteers that have helped them offer what you can today enjoy for free. I encourage you to give it a try.

Still on the LibriVox, they are running a campaign to raise funds. If you decide to do so, visit LibriVox's donation page.


No comments:

Post a Comment